Tex Mex Turkey Skillet
1. Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until rice turns light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add salsa and broth; stir to mix. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. In a second skillet, heat the remaining 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to brown on edges, adding corn after 3 minutes. Add turkey to vegetables and set aside until rice is done.
3. Stir vegetables and turkey into rice mixture. Continue heating 2 minutes or until turkey is hot. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Pumpkin Black Bean Turkey Chili
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, bell
peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook and stir 8 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin and
oregano. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Add broth, beans, turkey, pumpkin, tomatoes with their liquid, sherry, salt and black pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cajun Rub for Thanksgiving Turkey
1. Mix spices with Canola oil.
2. Rub into the turkey skin.
3. Roast turkey according to Butterball guidelines.
Optional Stuffing: Sauté 1 chopped onion, 2 stalks chopped celery and 1 chopped green pepper in 3 tbs. Canola oil. Add 1½ cups cubed bread. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. each ground oregano, paprika, thyme and pepper.