1. Dice celery and green pepper into 1/2 inch (1cm) pieces and cut Butterball turkey leftovers into small cubes.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Place them in a greased baking dish.
3. In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and cook the vegetables until tender. Add flour and milk and cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Add mozzarella cheese, seasonings and turkey cubes. Cook at low heat, stirring until cheese has melted.
4. Pour this sauce over the noodles. Mix well. Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in oven at 350ºF (180ºC), 10-12 minutes.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 450?F (230?C)
2. Measure out enough parchment paper to allow for overhang of a 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan. Scrunch the parchment paper under running water till wet. Squeeze out excess water and line pan. Add sweet potatoes and cranberries. Make sure the cranberries are evenly distributed.
3. Pour the orange juice over top and then drizzle with maple syrup. Make sure the maple syrup is evenly distributed.
4. Roast for 40 - 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Remove from pan and serve or refrigerate until next day**.
**To reheat the sweet potatoes after the turkey comes out of the oven and is taking Turkey Timeout*, increase oven temperature to 450?F (230?C). Reline the 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan with wet parchment paper (see above) and add the cooked sweet potatoes. Place in oven and reheat till hot (about 20 minutes). Each 1/2 cup (125 mL) serving contains:
75 Calories, 0 g Total fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 33 mg Sodium, 18 g CHO, 2.5 g Fiber, 1 g Protein
Makes 8 - 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
*Turkey Timeout – the time a cooked turkey needs to sit after being removed from the oven to guarantee perfection in flavour, texture and carving.
Turkey Chop Suey
1. Rinse bean sprouts with cold water.
2. In a large frying pan combine celery and onion with a little broth; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts and turkey. Add remaining liquid and soya sauce.
3. Cook until turkey is thoroughly heated (2 to 5 minutes).