Cajun Rub for Thanksgiving Turkey
1. Mix spices with Canola oil.
2. Rub into the turkey skin.
3. Roast turkey according to Butterball guidelines.
Optional Stuffing: Sauté 1 chopped onion, 2 stalks chopped celery and 1 chopped green pepper in 3 tbs. Canola oil. Add 1½ cups cubed bread. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. each ground oregano, paprika, thyme and pepper.
Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
2. Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss 2/3 cup of toffee pieces with flour and stir into pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of toffee pieces over the top. Cool completely before serving.
Roman Turkey Burgers
1. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for grilling.
2. Meanwhile combine mayonnaise, sun dried tomatoes and reserved oil; set aside.
3. Grill portobello caps 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut each into 6 wedges.
4. Combine arugula and red wine vinaigrette.
5. Spread cut sides of each roll with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise mixture. Place ? cup arugula mixture on bottom half of roll. Cover with 3 pieces of the portobello mushroom. Top with 1 cooked turkey burger, 2 slices cheese and top of roll.