Pumpkin Black Bean Turkey Chili
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, bell
peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook and stir 8 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin and
oregano. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Add broth, beans, turkey, pumpkin, tomatoes with their liquid, sherry, salt and black pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Louisiana BBQ Shrimp
1.Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2.Stir in beer, green onions and seasonings. Cover pan and bring to boiling.
3.Add shrimp; return to boiling, stirring occasionally. Immediately remove shrimp from liquid. Place shrimp in a warm serving bowl.
4.Continue boiling cooking liquid until it is reduced by 25%, about 10 minutes.
5.Stir cream into liquid; return to boiling. Remove pan from heat.
Blend in remaining 1/4 cup butter and parsley. Pour hot liquid over shrimp and serve.
Sautéed Leek, Giblet and Whole Grain Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Place neck, heart, gizzard, water to cover, salt and pepper to taste in large saucepan. (Reserve the liver for later use or discard.) Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover.
3. Simmer 1-1/2 hours, adding the liver, if desired, for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time. Strain stock; cover and refrigerate until ready to use in stuffing mixture. Remove meat from the neck; discard bones. Finely chop neck meat, heart, gizzard and liver, if using; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Cook bacon in a large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving bacon fat in pan. Drain bacon on paper toweling. Add butter to bacon fat.
5. Sauté leek, celery root and parsnips in bacon-butter mixture until tender-crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, bulgur wheat, cooked giblets, parsley, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cooked bacon in large bowl. Gradually pour in chicken broth, mixing until all ingredients are moist.
7 Place mixture in well greased 4-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 °.