Northwoods Maple-Mustard Turkey Sandwich
1. Combine syrup, oil, vinegar and salt until well blended. Add onions. Toss to coat. Cover. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to marinate, stirring occasionally. Drain onions; discard marinade.
2. Spread 4 of the bread slices with mustard. Cover with half of the cheese. Top with onions, turkey, remaining cheese and
remaining bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
3. Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 to 2 sandwiches at a time. Cover with lid. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Streusel, combine flour, 6 tbsp. of the light brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Gradually stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. For Filling, roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch diameter circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
4. Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.
5. Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Roast Turkey with Spicy Rub
1. Combine all ingredients except turkey and oil. Blend well. (May be prepared 2 to 3 days in advance. Store mixture in an airtight container at room temperature.)
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use or discard. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
3. Brush outside of the turkey with half of the oil; rub outside and inside cavity with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Brush spiced turkey with remaining 3 tbsp. of oil. Bake approximately 3 hours*, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from oven.
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.