Tex Mex Turkey Skillet
1. Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until rice turns light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add salsa and broth; stir to mix. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
2.In a second skillet, heat the remaining 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to brown on edges, adding corn after 3 minutes. Add turkey to vegetables and set aside until rice is done.
3. Stir vegetables and turkey into rice mixture. Continue heating 2 minutes or until turkey is hot. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Praline Topped Apple Cranberry Bread Pudding
1. For Bread Pudding, combine apples, dried cranberries, 2 tbsp. of the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar in a separate medium bowl. Beat at high speed with a hand mixer 3 minutes; reduce speed to low. Gradually mix in half and half, vanilla, orange peel and salt.
3. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Stir apple mixture into bread cubes, blending well. Pour beaten egg mixture over bread mixture; mix well.
4. Pour bread mixture into greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Combine butter, remaining 1 cup brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl.
7. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover. Sprinkle nut mixture over top of bread pudding.
8. Bake pudding 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce, if desired.