Quickie Sweet Potatoes
1. Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
2. Microwave on high for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on their size.
3. Once they are soft, let them rest in a bowl for 5 minutes.
4. This little sweet potato rest time makes it easy to skin them, which just happens to be the next step. Skin sweet potatoes.
5. Mash the sweet potatoes together with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the orange juice concentrate.
6. For a more intense orange flavour, add one more tablespoon (15 mL) of concentrate.
7. Each serving contains – 94 Calories, 1.5 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 1.4 g fibre, 10 mg sodium,
and 22 g carbohydrate.
Migas with Bacon Style Turkey
1. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions and peppers 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Reduce heat; add eggs and chili powder. Scramble eggs until large clumps start to form. Add the cheese and bacon; cook until cheese is melted.
3. Fold in the tortilla chips. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with salsa
Turkey Chop Suey
1. Rinse bean sprouts with cold water.
2. In a large frying pan combine celery and onion with a little broth; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts and turkey. Add remaining liquid and soya sauce.
3. Cook until turkey is thoroughly heated (2 to 5 minutes).