Turkey and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas
1. Place equal amounts of turkey, cheese, roasted peppers, and parsley on each of 2 tortillas. Top each with another tortilla.
2. Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add olive oil. Tilt skillet to coat bottom. Carefully add the tortillas. Cook 3 minutes on each side, pressing down on top with a spatula, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden.
3. Remove from pan and cut into wedges.
Turkey Stew in a Bread Bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
2. Press 1 cup (250mL) each of moist stuffing onto the bottom and sides of 2 lightly greased oven proof soup bowls (stoneware). Brush the surface of each with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of melted butter or margarine. Bake for 20 minutes or until the surface has begun to form a golden crust. Remove from oven. Allow the dish to cool for at least 5 minutes.
3. In a pot, combine broth/gravy, potatoes, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add a small amount of water to thin gravy if necessary. Add the cubed turkey and cook covered for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through. Salt and Pepper to taste.
4. If broth has been used and a thicker stew is desired, melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) of butter or margarine in a small sauce pan over med heat; add 1 tablespoon of flour, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add some of the hot stew broth to the flour mixture then stir it all back into the stew, increasing the heat and stirring gently until the broth thickens to a gravy consistency.
5. Pour stew into prepared bread bowls.
6. Use caution and protect table surface as the bowls will be HOT.
Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir on low heat until gelatin dissolves.
2. Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in gelatin mixture. Let cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in whipped cream.
3. Pour mixture into crust. Chill at least 3 hours, or until set.
4. Cut pie into 10 slices.