Asian Turkey and Vegetable Skillet
1. Cook vegetables in large skillet according to package directions.
2. Heat chicken according to package directions.
3. Drain vegetables, if necessary. Return to skillet. Add turkey and stir-fry sauce. Cook and stir on medium heat until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated.
Roasted Butternut Squash
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
2. Measure out enough parchment paper to allow for overhang of a 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan. Scrunch the parchment paper under running water till wet. Squeeze out excess water and line pan.
3. Peel squash. Scrape out membrane and seeds. Cut into 1/2 –inch (1 cm) cubes.
4. Place in a medium bowl. Pour oil over top and toss to coat.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with pepper.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
7. Remove from pan and serve or refrigerate until next day**.
Make this 1-2 days ahead: Do steps 1 – 4. Step 5 - Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until just soft. Remove, cool, and then carefully remove semi-cooked squash to a clean container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
**To reheat the squash after the turkey comes out of the oven and is taking Turkey Timeout*, increase oven temperature to 450F (230 C). Reline the 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan with wet parchment paper (see above) and add the cooked squash. Place in oven and reheat till hot (about 20 minutes).
Makes 8 – 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
*Turkey Timeout – the time a cooked turkey needs to sit after being removed from the oven to guarantee perfection in flavour, texture and carving.
Migas with Bacon Style Turkey
1. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions and peppers 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Reduce heat; add eggs and chili powder. Scramble eggs until large clumps start to form. Add the cheese and bacon; cook until cheese is melted.
3. Fold in the tortilla chips. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with salsa